mutli-modal mumbo-jumbo

I've been thinking quite a lot, lately, about what makes a good status message, for example. Or what makes a really good tweet. I mean, there are people who get popular from this kind of stuff. They've got particular style. They know how to say something funny, poignant, relevant, etc. in very short form.

And how is this form the same/different from the art of the thesis? If not, that, really, the rest of the supporting material is, well, non-existent. And all suddenly, I arrive at a comp one lesson plan in which we are analyzing status messages and tweets for the rest of the story -- for the implied whole other wealth of stuff that isn't there.

I know, somehow, this is a great way into teaching the art of the thesis. But I've just got to refine it.

No comments:

Post a Comment